The International Association for the Study of Popular Music Benelux, together with the Royal Association for Dutch Music History (KVNM), invites student applicants to apply for the Bachelors and Masters Popular Music Thesis Prize. This prize honors outstanding research by students writing about popular music. The prize is to award the best-researched and best-written BA and MA thesis on some subject related to popular music. The winning thesis will incorporate one or more relevant perspectives from a broad range of academic and professional fields including but not limited to sociology, musicology, media studies, ethnomusicology, cultural studies, journalism, economics and/or history. In general the thesis must highlight the important role that popular music performs within culture and society. Theses will be judged by a well-respected jury of members comprised of academicians and professionals from the Dutch and/or Flemish music world.
The winning MA student will be asked to present a short lecture on their research during the Eurosonic/Noorderslag conference in Groningen in January 2016.
All materials must be submitted by October 1st, 2015 in pdf form to email@example.com
Include in your digital application:
- BA or MA Thesis including:
- Title of thesis
- Short abstract (200-300 words)
- Full thesis text (please cross out any passages referring to your name or your university name on the thesis to ensure anonymity)
- Separate Title Page with:
- Student’s name
- Student’s institution and major
- Thesis supervisor
- Education period (study dates)
- Degree granted (BA, MA or Pre-Master)
- Student’s email and address.
- A digital copy of the student’s Graduation Certificate.
The thesis must have been completed in academic year of 2014/2015 and should be written in either Dutch or English.