The University of Groningen provides high quality teaching and research, is internationally oriented, respects differences in ambition and talent, works actively with business, the government and the public, and ranks among the best universities in Europe.
The Faculty of Arts of the University of Groningen is seeking a University Lecturer in Artistic Entrepreneurship and arts marketing who is able to develop an internationally distinguished profile for the domain of artistic entrepreneurship including marketing and management. The candidate’s expertise should include knowledge of the mediating role performed by arts marketing and management within a rapidly transitioning society, with a special emphasis on the organization of sustainable artistic structures. Although marketing and management are perceived as separate disciplines, our candidate should be willing and able to explore what brings them together in the position of the artistic entrepreneur. We seek a candidate who fosters a broad critical and reflexive insight in the social impact of cultural entrepreneurship, arts marketing and management and/or is interested in exploring how audience experiences are impacted by marketing and management practices. Given the current composition of the team of professors, we favor candidates with a focus on new experimental entrepreneurship and marketing who are able to also offer courses in arts management. The candidate should be capable of attracting students to the degree programme in Arts Culture and Media through a combination of a welcoming attitude and inspiring teaching methods.
The research will form part of the ICOG research institute.
• teaching course units in the above-mentioned fields within the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme in Arts, Culture and Media
• teaching course units within the framework of the cooperation course units in the degree programme in Arts, Culture and Media
• conducting research at a recognized level in the above-mentioned fields
• external grant acquisition
• supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses in the above-mentioned fields
• performing administrative and organizational duties.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as exhibiting excellent social and communication skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a results-oriented attitude, we are looking for candidates who have a PhD in one of the above-mentioned fields and,
in the area of teaching:
• demonstrate five years of teaching experience at various levels in at least one of the fields mentioned
• obtained the University Teaching Qualification or are prepared to do so within a year
• are excellent teachers, as demonstrated by positive teaching evaluations
• are able to make concrete contributions to the development of course units, partly by actively linking teaching to research.
In the area of research:
• have authored of at least two publications every 2 year(s), preferably international
• available to set up their own research line and publish within it, dovetailing with the profile of the research institute
• established international experience and an international network
• have attracted significant funding
• are experienced in PhD supervision or are prepared to play an active role in this.
In the area of management and organization:
• are able to make a constructive contribution to interdisciplinary collaboration and a friendly atmosphere within the department
• have demonstrated administrative and organization skills.
Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from a minimum of € 3,259 (scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,070 (scale 12 CAO Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full time position, plus an 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in an employee pension scheme.
The appointment will be initially for a period of two years, with the prospect of appointment for an indefinite period. This will be determined based on an appraisal, which will be made after two years. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for the University of Groningen (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities 2011-2013, available in English at http://www.vsnu.nl).
Date of entry into employment: 1 August 2015.
Job interviews will be held on Friday 20 February 2015.
How to apply
Please submit your application letter including your motivation, curriculum vitae, list of publications and any available teaching evaluations before 12 January 2015 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university’s website).
Acquisition is not appreciated.
For information you can contact: